Monday, June 28, 2010

File Under: WTF?

I watched the Daytime Emmy Awards last night, and we cheering on all of the actors and actresses from my beloved "All My Children" that were nominated. Unfortunately, they were robbed and none of them won. But I digress. All of the actresses that were presenters and who appeared on stage to accept their award were simply stunning - their dresses and evening gowns were beautiful. And their male counterparts were handsome in their suits and tuxedos. But one thing bothered me about some of the actors that appeared on the show: in the hour and a half that I watched the show, I counted 4 actors that wore tennis shoes with their tuxedos and suits.

At first, I thought "Maybe that actor had foot surgery and had to wear tennis shoes instead of dress shoes." But then I saw other actors appear on stage all dressed up and wearing tennis shoes. I thought WTF? They're all dressed up and appearing on nationwide TV wearing tennis shoes with their tuxedos. I sure hope this is not a trend that will continue.

No comments: