Monday, November 21, 2005

Monday Updates

Kroger Deli
If you remember, TWIT discussed a co-worker's drama with the Kroger deli this time last fall.  My co-worker BT reports that she's had no rude experiences at the Kroger deli lately.  She said she's been getting their chicken from the deli with no problems from the PATs working behind the deli counter.  Very interesting . . . BT's story was published in TWIT and then she gets good service at the deli.  Coincidence?  I hardly think so.  This just shows the awesome power of the free press.  Evidently, people must pay attention to TWIT.

Angelina Jolie
The story out of Hollywood says that Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt's appearance at Saturday night's Muhammad Ali Center opening is their first official public appearance as a couple.  And to think it happened here in the 'Ville.  I finally found a couple of pictures of the gorgeous couple, taken Saturday night at the gala. 

Medicare Prescription Drug Plan
After a week of researching, reading, and re-reading, we've finally chosen a prescription drug plan for the 'rents.  They've picked AdvantraRx Premier Plus.  (Incidentally, this plan received a very high rating from AARP, and was recommended by Mom and Dad's health insurance company.) If any of you, my faithful readers, would like some help deciphering the Medicare Prescription Drug Plan for a relative, friend, or for yourself, please email me or leave a note in the comments section and I'll be glad to help you.  I'm an expert now.

Holiday Greetings
TWIT would like to wish T and S a safe trip to Charleston, South Carolina this week for Thanksgiving.  They leave today and will be getting back home next weekend.  They're travelling in S's Beemer, so I hope they will find lower gas prices like we have right now in the 'Ville.  I'd also like to wish a safe holiday journey to PJ's 'rents, P and Dr. J. .  They'll be heading to Memphis for the week.  Word has it they probably won't be visiting Graceland, but I'm sure they'll have a nice trip any way.  And our prayers will be with my fellow Diva Stacy this week, as she prepares Thanksgiving dinner for 19 family members. You can always sneak off to The Compound if you need to seek refuge, my dear friend. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am happy to report Thanksgiving dinner went off with only one minor incident involving a fair amount of spilled turkey broth.  Thanks for the well wishes!