Thursday, June 11, 2015

Thankful Thursday

I took the old Blazer to the repair shop today to have the a/c recharged.  It just wasn't cooling down like I thought it should. The a/c system was replaced just two years ago, and to me, frost should be forming on the inside of the windows when I turned on the a/c. 

They called about an hour after I dropped it off, and said that some seals needed to be replaced, and that was what had caused Freon to leak out.  They replaced the seals, pumped some more Freon in it, and also put in some dye, and said if it started to not cool down again, to bring it back and they would be able to tell where the leak was.  I'm being optimistic and hoping the new seals fixed the issue.  I'm thankful because the price for the repair was well under the $400 cap that I've come to accept as normal for any repairs on an old car ($400 being the approximate cost of a monthly car payment).

On my way back home from Diva Stacy's tonight, I actually had to turn the a/c down because it was getting a bit too cool. 

No comments: