Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Farmtown 2015

The 'Rents picked our first bountiful harvest today at Farmtown.  They picked zucchini, yellow squash and cucumbers.  They had a half bushel basket almost full.  I would love to be able to keep with tradition and post a picture of today's harvest, but just as I walked in the door this evening, I stepped into a crisis.  The toilet in the big bathroom was clogged and overflowed.  Needless to say this distracted me from my photo session.  Keep in mind I got home at 5:00, and had to change and get cute for a dinner date.  I helped out with the plunger but no amount of my plunging helped.  Then Dad operated the innards of the toilet tank, and we flushed it to see what it would do.  Overflow again, is what it did.  It didn't overflow very much, thanks to quick-acting Dad.  By now it was 5:05.  I had Mom bring me some latex gloves, a bucket and a big plastic red Solo cup and I bailed out the toilet.  After the bailing, I took the world's fastest shower ever, got dressed and squirted on some Obsession and left the house at 5:35, only 5 minutes later than originally planned.

While I was out, I guess all of the plunging finally worked because Dad said it was unstopped and working fine now.  

Another crisis diverted without having to pay $$$$. 

No comments: