Friday, June 12, 2015

Flashback Friday

The Catholic church picnic season is in full swing, and later tonight, I am going to make my obligatory annual trip to Mt. Carmel's picnic.  Yes, I know that I will end up bitching about the massive packs of PATs that congregate at this picnic, but I will still go and will end up donating some cash to the church, and will still end up griping about all of the PATs.

But it's just not the same as the picnics were back in the day before all of the church mergers happened.  On Friday evenings, they would have fish and brats at the picnics, and that was when most of the "older" folks (my age) would go.  You'd get some good fried foods, drink a few cold beers, and spend your money trying to win a prize at the booths, all the while visiting with friends that you only see at the picnics.  These days, not so much.  I rarely see my old-time friends at the picnics anymore, because the picnics have been taken over by swarms of PATs.  


No comments: