Monday, October 20, 2014

File Under: WTF?

I'm very riled up tonight, over a Facebook post that coworker made.  He is travelling to Florida, and his post said "So I'm sitting here at the airport wearing my "I heart Liberia" T-shirt, my Dallas Cowboys hat and my Cavs jacket.... The people here are RUDE! No one will sit next to me at ALL!!!!" 

Maybe I'm being overly sensitive, but I don't think Ebola is anything to be joking about.  I'm not in a panic, thinking I'm going to catch it or anything like that, but it's still not something to joke about. 

I called the coworker out first on his Facebook comments, but it didn't seem to phase him, and then privately in a message.  And what bothered me even more was mutual Facebook friends "liking" his post. 

I'm just sitting here shaking my head. 

1 comment:

Ben F. said...

I find it really good that you said Ebola is nothing to joke about. In school everybody makes jokes about Ebola, but me and my friend think it is a serious matter that should be taken seriously. It is really bad that even the little kids are joking about it.