Saturday, October 11, 2014

Electronics Update

It's time for yet another Electronics Update.  I decided that I really wanted to have all of my iTunes music library on my iPhone, so I went about calling and checking into returning it for a bigger model.  No problem, I was assured; I was within the 14-day return period.  But the problem was that no AT&T store within 50 miles of Louisville had the 32gb phone I wanted, so I would have to return the 16gb phone, and order the 32gb phone online.  So after supper Wednesday night, I connected the 16gb phone to my iTunes account, did a backup, and before I went to the AT&T store to return it, I got brave and backed up my photos and contacts to The Cloud.  I've been nervous and leery about The Cloud, but I figured it was as safe and secure as Facebook, so I nervously moved The Cloud setting to "on" and in a few seconds, my photos, videos, contacts and notes were stored in The Cloud, just waiting for me to retrieve them and put them on my new iPhone.  

I went up to the AT&T store and easily returned the phone and got everything squared away.  I zoomed homed and immediately got online and ordered the phone I wanted.  As soon as the order was processed, I received a confirmation email from the order, along with a note saying that the phone would be shipping sometime between 10/17 and 10/28.  WTF?  I grabbed the trusty land-line phone and called AT&T and told them the situation and asked if there was anything they could do to expedite the order.  The woman said "sorry".  I thought "I'm sure you are."  So then it was time for my next question for AT&T.  I asked if my bill would be adjusted for all of this time that I don't have a phone.  She was quiet for a few seconds and then asked if she could put me on hold.  She was gone for about two minutes and then when she came back on the line, she said that yes, I should (key word) be credited for this time that I don't have a phone.  We'll see about that on the next bill. 

Sure, it's frustrating not having my iPhone, but it's not the end of the world.  It's the phone that I use for my consulting business, and I don't have text messaging on there, so I'm not missing texts; I just call the number a couple of times a day to check and see if there's any voicemail messages.  So it's more of an inconvenience. 

As always, I'll keep you posted. 

No comments: