Sunday, June 22, 2014

Link Of The Week

The Old Man and I are getting ready to make a batch of sauerkraut, just like my grandma and his grandma made back in the day.  We've got one of my grandma's old stone crocks, and the cabbage will be ready in a few days.  In preparation for this, I've put out texts, emails and posts asking for friends to send me any recipes or tips they may have on making sauerkraut.   

A decade or two ago, we could ask our grandparents who did this kind of thing, but today with them being gone, we're on our own.  Well, not anymore.  I found a great site that gives all kinds of expert info on home canning and preserving.  They even have a free online course you can take.  Visit http://nchfp.uga.edu/ and get all the info you need if you want to do some canning and preserving.  

No comments: