Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Farmtown 2014 Update

I am happy to report that the tomatoes and everything else at Farmtown is growing better than anticipated, given the fact that Dad got the garden planted a bit later than he planned.  The tomato plants are growing like crazy, and the 'Rents spent the morning putting up the wire cages around the tomato plants.  

We're all a bit antsy tonight, with strong storms in the forecast; we're keeping our fingers crossed that the strong storms will pass us by and keep all of our plants sturdy and upright.  I almost hyperventilated when I heard that these storms produced grapefruit-sized hail in Nebraska.  And if I weren't posting this in the midst of a big project here at The Compound, I'd run outside and take some pictures of the garden to post.  We'll save that for another day in the near future.

As always, I'll keep you posted. 

No comments: