Friday, May 30, 2014

Flashback Friday

I'm so excited about this that I almost can't stand it - I'm going to see Cher on Monday night.  Yep, THE Cher.  My seat is very close and I just can't wait.  But I'm in a quandry, just like I would have been back when I was in my early, early teens:  what to wear.

Back in the day when I was a kid, teenager, and even into my early 20's, I would plan what to wear to a concert weeks before the actual concert.  This would involve the trying on of many, many outfit combinations until I found the perfect outfit to wear. 

Flash forward to going to a concert today.  Most of the times, the concert is on a week night, and you've worked all day, and the only thing on your mind is comfort.  For one, like I said, you've worked all day and you're tired.  Also, you will probably have to park far away and walk goodness knows how many blocks to the arena.  So like I said, comfort is first and foremost these days.  The days of dressing to impress are long gone.  I just want to be able to get to a concert and enjoy it comfortably. 

In case you're wondering, my outfit for Monday night's Cher concert has already been determined:  my Cher Live At Caesar's Colleseum t-shirt, khaki shorts, and a very comfortable (key word of this post) pair of sandles.

No comments: