Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I'm Worthy!!

After weeks, even months, of anticipation, the time has finally arrived: I report to the big courthouse on Monday morning for Federal Grand Jury jury duty!  After telling me they wanted me, I was beginning to think that they didn't want me after all.

Back in the early summer, I received a notice in the mail saying that I was chosen for jury duty for Federal Grand Jury.  You can't imagine how excited I was just to fill out the lengthy questionnaire. After sending it in, I waited and waited and waited, until I received a notice saying that I was in deed chosen and that I would be on call from the first week in September until the first week in November.  They said they would notify me by mail a week before I was to report.  So I waited and waited and waited some more until Monday when I received my orders to serve starting this coming Monday. I can hardly wait. 

I was priviledged to serve on regular jury duty way back in the day in the mid 80's and I really enjoyed it.  It was a great learning experience, and I wouldn't have traded those two weeks for anything.  Since then, I admit that I was a bit envious when I heard about coworkers and friends serving on jury duty. But I an envious no more.

I can't wait to get to the federal courthouse on Monday morning, and I hope I don't have to wait and wait and wait some more once I get there before they chose me to serve on a jury.  I hope they will find out quickly that I am worthy.

No comments: