Wednesday, July 18, 2012

New Recipe Tuesday

The 'Rents and I ate at Cracker Barrel last month, and I wolfed down on one of my favorites from Cracker Barrel, the grilled marinated chicken tenderloins.  I'd been thinking about how flavorful and juicy they are, so I set out to hopefully find a copycat recipe for them online.  Imagine my delight when I found about a hundred recipes for the grilled chicken, while I didn't look at all 100, I did read about a dozen, and all 12 were the same, simple recipe - 1 pound of the chicken tenderloins, 1/2 cup of Italian dressing, 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice, and 1 and a half teaspoons of honey.  Simple enough.  Mom marinated the chicken for a few hours and then sauteed the pieces in her nonstick grill pan and they turned out awesome.  Although they didn't taste much like the grilled chicken tenders at Cracker Barrel, they were still great and we were all grabbing for the last piece of chicken on the plate.

As I said, the recipe was so easy even I think I could them, and you know I don't cook. And even if they don't taste exactly like Cracker Barrel's, I still give this recipe the TWIT Seal of Approval.

No comments: