Thursday, July 26, 2012

Happy Life Day

Happy Life Day to me. On this day every year, I celebrate life. Twenty years ago today, I was in a car crash, and the surgeons thought that I might not be able to use my right foot again. But the Lord and I proved them wrong. So every year on the day of the wreck I celebrate Life Day, and give thanks to the Lord for sparing my life that day and for the miracles He performed through the surgeons and doctors that took care of me in my long two weeks in the hospital.

I don't like to single out my friends on Facebook, but as I celebrate Life Day, I have to give a special thanks to MP and PD because they were the first people I saw (besides my parents) while I was still strapped down on the back board in the emergency room that night. And just to give thanks even more, tonight I made that same trip to Mike Linnigs that I did twenty years ago. Only this time, I made home with our supper. Thanks to everyone who is a part of my life and through your love and friendship are a part of my Life Day.

No comments: