Friday, June 1, 2012

Flashback Friday

TWIT is proud to wish everyone a very Happy National Doughnut Day.  If you haven't had the chance to get a doughnut today, we encourage you to go to Krispy Kreme over on Bardstown Road, or to any Speedway or Krogers grocery store and get a dozen. 

When I think of Doughnut Day, I reminisce to back in the day when doughnuts were special and were a treat; we didn't take them for granted like we do today.  On my 15 minute trip to work, I could stop at any of 5 different stores or shops and buy Krispy Kremes.  But believe me when I tell you that they would not taste the same as they do when they come from the actual Krispy Kreme stores.

When I was a kid, going to the Krispy Kreme store 20 minutes away was a big deal.  It might as well have been half-way across the state to a kid.  We only went to the Krispy Kreme store for special occasions.  And like I said, today, people take them for granted. But not me. 

I remember what an ordeal it was when we got Krispy Kreme doughnuts;  it was a mini-road trip.  But it was worth it.

Today, most kids are clueless when you say the words "Krispy Kreme."  That makes me sad.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Kids don't know about Krispy Kreme?? How did that happen??