Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Happy Belated Birthday, Ann Wilson

TWIT and I would like to wish a very happy belated birthday to one of my all-time favorite female vocalists (and probably all-time all-time vocalists regardless of gender) to Ann Wilson of my all-time favorite group Heart.  Ann turned 62 yesterday.

For the record let me say that Ann sounds just as good, if not better, as she did the first time I had the honor of seeing her in concert back in the day in July of 1976 at one of the California Jam concerts.  She blew me away then, and now over thirty years later her voice is as clear and strong, maybe even stronger, then when they first came on the scene.

To me, Ann has without a doubt the best voice in rock and roll, and I hope she is ok with me saying that she ranks a close second to the voice of Patsy Cline when it comes to female singers.  Loving them both like I do, I would pay good money to hear Ann sing "I Fall To Pieces."

Happy belated birthday, Ann.  You still rock. Nobody can hold a candle to you.

No comments: