Thursday, June 7, 2012

New Product Review

When I saw a new variety of Doritos in the store on Tuesday, I knew I had to give them a try. They're called "Dinamita" - little rolled up Doritos. Since it's a type of Doritos, I just knew that they would be awesome. I grabbed a bag of the "Nacho Picoso" flavor (translated" spicy nacho) and was anxiously waiting for lunchtime to try them.



Like I said, they're little rolled up Doritos, about the diameter of a drinking straw and about 3 inches or so long. At first glance, I thought how awesome they would be dipping them into some nacho cheese. After one bite I knew that was not going to happen. After just one bite, they left a horrible aftertaste in my mouth and throat. It's not that they were all that hot; they just have a very bizarre taste. At first glance you're expecting them to taste just like nacho Doritos but don't be fooled. I ate a few more just to be fair and unbiased for my review and one thing I noticed was that they leave a very heavy cheese dust layer on your fingers - way more than regular nacho Doritos.   And after just eating a few of these, I had indigestion the rest of the day.  Blech.


I let a couple of coworkers try them and they, too, were not impressed. Unfortunately, Doritos Dinamita Nacho Picoso flavor receives an official Thumbs Down from TWIT.

No comments: