Thursday, September 8, 2011

Happy Birthday, Patsy Cline

On this day back in 1932, in my opinion, the woman that has the best voice in the history of recorded music was born.  Virginia Patterson Hensley was born on this day in Gore, Virginia.  She would go on to change her name to Patsy Cline.

As I said, in my humble opinion, Patsy Cline has the best voice ever in the history of recorded music.  I'm sure many will disagree with me, but this is my blog and I can say what I want.

In all of my 48+ years, I've never heard a voice that can make you actually feel the pain and emotions that the singer was singing.  Well, for the record, there are a few others.  I will say that Ann Wilson, Linda Ronstadt and Trisha Yearwood come extremly close. And in my record books, they fall in line in the 2, 3 and 4 positions behind Patsy.  Not a shabby crowd to be associated with if you ask me.

I'll just close by saying that when Patsy sang "I fall to pieces each time I see you again", her voice and delivery can make you fall to pieces.

There will never ever be another voice that can come close to Patsy's. Never. It if were up to me, I would tell all of the thousands and thousands of little blonde cookie-cutter singers in Nashville to just stay home.  Because you will never ever be another Patsy Cline.

No comments: