Saturday, March 12, 2011

Phase Two

As I mentioned yesterday, the Master's Degree program is over. And I'm very happy to report that I am entering in what I call Phase Two of my life. I'm going to put my security knowledge and skills to use, and I am in the process of starting my own security consulting business. No, I'm not quitting my day job; this is just something I'm going to do on the side. My emphasis will be on helping churches put together security plans and programs. I won't be doing actual security work; I'll just be telling churches what I think they need to do to keep their congregation and church safe.

It's been a very exciting week for me as things have started to unfold for my business. I've got a name and a logo (I'll be unveiling that in the next couple of weeks), and I've got appointments with a CPA and with the Small Business Development Center next week so I can do all of this the right way.

A lot of people have the big dream of being in business for theirselves, but I can honestly say that's never been a dream of mine. I just feel the need to use my skills and knowledge to help churches be safe. So that's what I'm going to do. As always, I'll keep you posted.

No comments: