Thursday, March 3, 2011

Freaky Thursday

Something happened this afternoon, faithful readers, that I really didn't see coming. This afternoon at work, I freaked out. Yes, freaked out. I freaked out over the fact that my final exam and my Master's thesis is due soon. Very soon. Very, very soon. After I freaked out in my office and had time to calm down and think, the first question that popped into my mind was "Why didn't I freak out earlier?" The answer is I guess it's because I was too damned busy. Not what I wasn't busy this week -- this was the busiest week at work that I've had in months. So, I guess I really didn't have time to freak out this week.

I guess it was just a culmination of the past two years and a few months of working on this second Master's Degree. I was stressed over classes along the way, but today when I actually thought "it's just about over", I freaked out.

The freaking was unnecessary; at the time I freaked out, the project was about 99% done (all I had to do was insert some things in the Appendix and modify my Table of Contents) and my final exam (which turned out to be 20 pages) was about 90% done. But I freaked out nonetheless.

I called the one person that I knew who could calm me down: Mom. And sure enough, she was able to calm me down in about a minute and a half. And somehow I've managed to stay calm since then.

No comments: