Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Thank You, Little Voice

I was looking at Facebook earlier and I read a status update from a dear friend, and as soon as I read his status update, that little voice inside told me "I need to call him tonight." I got up from the computer desk and was walking into the kitchen to pick up my cell phone so I could call him, and just as I was about to reach into my purse for the phone, it started ringing, and from the sound of the familiar ringtone I knew it was my friend that I was getting ready to call.

He and I don't keep in touch every day, and in fact sometimes a week might go by without actually speaking to one another, but even after all of these years, it's still awesome to know that even if you don't talk to each other, you're know that you're thinking of each other. And it's awesome that you still pick up where you left off, even after almost 30 years. That's the beauty of a real friendship.

No comments: