Thursday, June 17, 2010

Flashback Thursday


It's hard to believe that thirty years ago this week, movie lovers everywhere were introduced to one of the funniest movies of all time, "The Blues Brothers." It doesn't seem like that long of a time ago, but then again maybe I just don't want to admit that it was thirty years ago when I first saw the movie as a young, young 17 year old teenager. But I digress. Like I said, I believe "The Blues Brothers" is one of the funniest movies ever filmed. And how could a movie go wrong when they feature a song by The First Lady Of Country Music, Miss Tammy Wynette?
"The Blues Brothers" movie was the topic of conversation this morning in our cubicle. Unfortunately, the two younger coworkers were just vaguely familiar with the movie, while me and an "older" coworker in his mid-30's remembered the movie vividly. We both agreed our favorite scenes were when Aretha Franklin sang "Think" in the diner; when Cab Calloway sang "Minnie The Moocher"; and when the Blues Brothers and their band performed "Stand By Your Man" behind chicken wire at the bar. They just don't make movies like that anymore.

No comments: