Monday, June 21, 2010

The Heat Is On, Cont.

The heat is on, faithful readers. When I went to bed at 10:30 last night, it was 86 degrees. Now, if you ask me, the only place it should be 86 degrees at 10:30 at night is in Las Vegas. And I was about 2000 miles east of there. And when I got up this morning at 6:30 it was already 80 degrees. I think it got to 93 today, but they're expecting the temps to get to 99 tomorrow and Wednesday. Fortunately the garden here at The Compound is holding its own, and the 'Rents won't need to get out there and do anything for a few days. Dad did say that they might have to pick green beans again on Wednesday but if that came to fruition they would get up when I do and pick them just after sun-up before things got heated up.

During the big heatwaves the news channels are constantly warning people to stay inside and to check on the elderly during the heatwaves. That's one thing I don't have to worry about - I know the 'Rents will be holed up in the house in the a/c and not outside getting heatstroke.

No comments: