Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Heat Is On

I'm sad to report that for the past week and a half, we've been in the midst of our first big heatwave of the season. And the sad thing is that it's not even officially summer yet. Now, it's no secret that I love my cool, cool a/c, so one might think my comments about the heatwave are biased. Let me just say when my sweet Mother - the one who is cold natured and wears her Snuggy in the evenings at home even in the summertime - says it's hot, then you know it's hot. I should have had the video camera on my phone turned on last Tuesday evening to capture the moment when she was walking through the house and said "I know the air is working, but it sure is hot." I almost had to find a paper bag to breathe into because I thought I was going to hyperventilate.

Fortunately we had some thunderstorms roll through here earlier this morning and as of now, they're only expecting today's high to be 93, with high humidity. That's a lot better than the 99 degree high they were expecting.

2 comments:

Toots said...

"My Lord it's hot in here. Is your air conditioning working?"

Puddin said...

"Well, yeah, but when it's this hot, it just has a hard time keeping up. Probably needs freon."