Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Insight Update

As I type this, the Insight repairman is loading up his truck out in the driveway, after being here for over two and a half hours trying to get me an internet connection. After all of that time, he finally came to the conclusion that the problem was with the modem and wireless router. They "gave" me a new modem, meaning they didn't charge me for it, and said I was on my own getting a new wireless router and getting the router installed.

As soon as the guy pulled out of the driveway, I was right behind him, heading out to purchase a new wireless router. As soon as I bought one, I called our computer/HVAC/electric/plumbing guru, Bos, and asked for his help. No problem, he said. He told me he'd be down tomorrow after work and would get it set up for me.

Believe me when I tell you the last few days have been frustrating. It sucks knowing that you're paying for service that you aren't getting. Anyhoo, hopefully tomorrow evening my wireless network will be up and running again.

No comments: