Sunday, March 11, 2007

Link Of The Week

We had an interesting conversation about Cher during lunch this past Friday.  It seems that some of the younger ones at work only know "If I Could Turn Back Time" Cher.  I guess we have to cut the MTV generation some slack.  But how sad that their concept of Cher was of her wearing the black fish net stocking as she pranced around on the Navy ship in the video for the song.  When a couple of us mentioned "Half Breed" and "Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves" they had no clue what we were talking about.  I went on to tell them about how one of the most amazing things I've ever seen on television was Cher sitting on a Pinto horse singing "Half Breed" as she was in full Indian headdress.  I guess I really shouldn't say "full" because she's wearing practically nothing on her body, but she is in deed wearing a full Indian headdress.  My friend and co-worker SH agreed that it was one of the most amazing things she's ever seen on TV, too.  In case you, too, are clueless like my younger co-workers, or if you just want to relive the glory, please click on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6E98ZRaU1s and you can see the awesome video from "The Sonny And Cher Show" back in the 70's. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, that was a surgery or two ago.......she could/can sing can't she.
and I sure wish I Could Turn Back Time..........

Anonymous said...

I'll bet Cher does too, Big Mama!!