Saturday, March 24, 2007

File Under: WTF?

I ran up to the shopping center earlier this afternoon to look for a new pair of leather sandals for Summer 2007, and as I was leaving the parking lot, I saw one of the most bizarre things I've seen in awhile.  I was still parked in the parking lot talking to Mom on the cell phone, when a car pulled into the parking spot next to me.  An older couple got out of the car, and while the woman was attempting to keep her hair from flying around in the wind, the man was carrying two styrofoam coffee cups to the back of their Camry.  At first, I thought he was going to dump out the coffee and then toss the cups in the nearest garbage can.  Au contraire.  He opened up the trunk of the car, and there I saw 5 of 6 stacks of evidently used styrofoam coffee cups.  The man did in deed pour out the remaining coffee, and then he stacked the two cups on one of the stacks in the trunk of his car.  I just could not figure it out.  It happened too quick for me to even tell Mom to wait a minute while I took a picture of the trunk of his car with the cell phone camera. 

Now, unless you're into recycling styrofoam, I can't think of any reason why you would save stacks and stacks of old used styrofoam coffee cups, can you?  I'm sorry, but not one good reason comes to my mind.  And the man had them stacked in a cardboard box, too - so at least he was neat and orderly about it. 

No comments: