Thursday, October 12, 2006

Update Thursday

First of all, I would like to tell everyone that our VFW Commander, Donnie, is now cancer-free.  He got the awesome news this afternoon.  People all over the city of Louisville have been praying for him, and I want to give a major shout out that our prayers have been answered.  I visited with him this evening, and he and his wife Jan (our Auxiliary President) wanted to thank everyone for their prayers.  They are two of the sweetest people that you would ever hope to meet, and I love them both dearly.  Way to go, Donnie. 

Second, I'd like to give an update on the Fourth Avenue Baptist Church situation. We're waiting now for the final copy of the contract of sale, and once we get that from the lawyer, we'll sign it and then Louisville Church of Christ will be able to worship in the old Fourth Avenue sanctuary and building. While it's sad to close a church, it's very exciting and hopeful to be a part of another church growing and being able to expand.  If the paperwork can be completed, Louisville Church of Christ should be able to have their first church service in at Fourth and Oak within three or four weeks. 

Third, an update on my dear friend Dr. Joe.  He's been back at church the past few weeks, and is looking and feeling great.  I know him well enough to know that the diabetes diagnosis will be just a minor set back. He's making the necessary dietary changes, and is doing great. 

Fourth, I'm very disappointed in myself for my pathetic 0-5 record in the fantasy football league at work.  This time last year, I was in the top 25%.  This year, I'm in last place.  Maybe a miracle will happen this week and I'll win. 

Fifth, and not intentionally last, the plans for Divas Las Vegas II (DLV2) are well under way.  Diva Stacy and I will be flying to Las Vegas on January 26 for three and a half fun-filled days of what-happens-in-Vegas-stays-in-Vegas.  Yep, you guessed it: We will be there for my birthday.  We've both got a lot going on in our lives at work and at home right now, and we can't wait for a few days away.  Oh how it will rock.

No comments: