Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Is It Still A Full Moon?

I know the full moon was last week - and it was the harvest moon, too.  But after a very bizarre trip to the grocery store this afternoon, I'm convinced that it's still affecting people.  It should have been a boring trip to the grocery store after after work to pick up some chicken salad, but instead was filled with many encounters with crazy people.  Every person that I saw in the Pic-Pac grocery store was talking to theirself.  Let me be more specific - the people that were shopping in the store alone were all talking to theirselves; I'm going to assume that people shopping in pairs or in groups were talking among theirselves.  But you get the picture.

This grocery store is in an area of the south end that is an ethnic melting pot, and I heard quite a few different languages today from the shoppers shopping alone.  It was bizarre to say the least.  I know you might be thinking I'm the crazy one here, but the solo conversations I heard today weren't something like we would say when we forgot to pick up the milk or another item.  The people I saw were talking out loud as if they were talking to someone else.  It kinda freaked me out.  One of the shoppers even seemed to be having some type of fit - as he was talking to hisself, every few minutes he would smack hisself in the face and shake his head.  I just grabbed my chicken salad and made a bee-line for the check-out lane. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have an Orbison friend who lives in Nashville, and she had a weirdo who started ranting at her and chased her on a bus for no apparent reason day before..........maybe the moons are changing an the world is going nuts.......