Saturday, October 14, 2006

I'm Just Like Them

Today was errand day, as it is almost every Saturday morning.  It's the time when I take care of the banking for church and when I go grocery shopping.  Let me stop for a moment and answer a question you must be asking yourself now - "Puddin, we all know you don't cook, so why are doing the grocery shopping?"  As you said yourself, I don't cook, but I do eat.  And who better to buy the food I eat than me.  So anyhoo, I ran my errands and during the course of the two hours that I was gone, I answered three phone calls on my cell phone.  I was wearing my ultra cool Oakley sunglasses with the phone ear piece attached to the glasses frame, so it wasn't like I was driving while holding the phone to my ear or putting items in my shopping car while trying not to drop the cell phone. 

On my way home, a disturbing thought occurred to me: people seeing me from a side view today probably thought I was talking to myself, just like I witnessed the other night on my trip to the Pic Pac.  But for the record, none of the people I saw that evening were using a wireless earpiece for their cell phones; they were actually talking to theirselves.  And if someone had seen me from a front view or back view or a view of my right side, they might not have noticed the ear piece attached to the sunglasses, and might have still thought I was talking to myself.  It shouldn't bother me, but I guess I don't want to be lumped into the same category as the people I saw at the Pic Pac. Who knows?  This afternoon, someone might be writing in their blog about the crazy woman they saw at Meijers today who was talking to herself the entire time she was in the store. 

No comments: