Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Kamikaze Raccoons

While the rest of the world is concerned with Al Quada suicide terrorists, I think we have a terrorist problem closer to home.  I think we've been infiltrated by a bunch of kamikaze raccoons.  Today on my way home, I saw four raccoons dead on the side of the roads. Where we live in the suburbs, roadkill is fairly common.  You normally see a variety, though - you don't usually see four of one type. 

The more I thought about raccons on my way home, something dawned on me - as I thought back, I remembered three instances when friends and co-workers were talking with me about raccoons. You have to admit that raccoons are not part of a typical everyday conversation.  And a couple of weeks ago, Diva Stacy and I even spotted a raccoon next door to her home. It was out on the neighbor's patio, looking for scraps by their gas grill.  If we'd been packing that night, you can bet we would have popped a cap in its ass. But I digress.  It was just odd to see four raccoon roadkills in one afternoon within a three-mile stretch of the road.  It's like they're all out right now for some strange reason.  Be careful, faithful readers - the raccoons are out there in full force.

No comments: