Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Good Luck, Judge Shake

It was yet another awesome and uplifting visit to the nursing home tonight.  I know you all must get tired of hearing me go on and on about it, but once again I have to say that I went into the nursing home feeling tired and as stressed out as I could be, and within five minutes, I was a different person.  Mom and I were laughing and joking with the little old ladies at our tables, and we both had a blast.  On our way home, we stopped by the VFW post to pick up some official Ladies Auxiliary documents, and while were there something very interesting happened: a candidate in next month's election stopped by to campaign. 

First of all, there was only about a dozen people at the post tonight, and quite frankly, I wasn't sure how well she would be received.  She ordered a Coke from the bar and started working the crowd.  She took time to visit with every person there before asking for their vote, and she seemed genuinely concerned. I have to say I was very impressed I'd followed this candidate in the news, and I knew that she was currently a Circuit Court judge who was running for a position as Justice on the Kentucky Supreme Court. Most candidates will campaign where there are huge crowds of people, yet this candidate took the time to drive out to the southwest part of the county and visit little ol' Mill Creek VFW Post 5421.  She'll get my vote, that's for sure.

Faithful readers, get ready for a first in TWIT - in the two plus years I've been posting my thoughts, comments and observations in TWIT, I've been careful not to get into politics or religion because, well, just because.  But today, I'm going to push the envelope and am going to make TWIT's first political endorsement.  TWIT is proud to endorse and support Judge Ann Shake for Kentucky Supreme Court Justice.  I emailed her a link to this journal entry and who knows - she might become a faithful reader.

No comments: