Thursday, September 8, 2005

What Happened To You, Mary Kate?

Something terrible has happened to Mary Kate Olsen - she's turned into a bag lady.  I'm hoping and praying that this was some crazy stunt she had to do during Rush Week at NYU, where she is a freshman.  Surely Ashley wouldn't let her twin sister go out in public like this.

I realize the Olsen twins can't be twelve forever, and that they had to grow up and become the young moguls that they are today.  But Mary Kate's fashion sense is just beyond me.  Doesn't she know that millions of young girls look up to her and her sister?  She and her sister Ashley are considered style icons by some, as the New York Times noted earlier this year, “In fact the twins are trendsetters for the latest hipster look.”

If dressing like a bag lady is part of the latest hipster look, I think I"ll pass.

No comments: