Monday, September 5, 2005

Link Of The Week

Disclaimer: First of all, let me apologize to you, my faithful readers.  I was unable to post the Link Of The Week on Sunday due to technical difficulties from AOL. 

A faithful reader and dear friend MP commented on my post about the auto-tip being printed on the restaurant check, and he asked me to find the answer to some tipping questions.  I did some research for him, and posted in the comments on that particular entry about tipping your mail carrier. In doing the research, I came across a good site that lists almost every person and occassion where one would be compelled to tip.  Take a look at http://www.finetuning.com/articles/1036-tipping-made-easy.html and all of your tipping questions will be answered.  No more guessing about how much you should tip the pizza delivery PAT ($2-$3 is the suggested tip, regardless of how many pizzas you order.) 

Incidentally, the legend has it that the term "tip" is supposed to stand for "To Insure Promptness."  If that's the case, shouldn't we be tipping before, instead of after?

 

No comments: