Wednesday, September 21, 2005

MEM05 Eve

My bags are packed, I'm ready to go...Hey now! I don't want to start singing an old folk song tonight.  I need to be singing "Walking In Memphis" instead.  This is the eve of the Diva's annual big trip.  Last year, it was Nashville and the year before was the monumental trip to Las Vegas.  This year, we're heading down to Memphis tomorrow morning.  To give you background on the name of the trip, MEM05, we use "MEM" which is the airport code for Memphis, and duh, 05 for the year 2005.  This trip also has a TCB theme.  For those that don't know, Elvis gave his band members and close associates necklaces with a lightning bolt and the initials "TCB" - it stood for "taking care of business in a flash."  I will be proudly wearing my TCB Elvis sunglasses tomorrow as I get off of the plane.  Incidentally, next year's big trip has already been named - it will be a return trip to Las Vegas appropriately called DLVII.  The D stands for us Divas; LV is for Las Vegas; II is the Roman numeral two, for our second trip there.  I've already got my order for a personalized plate for the BMW for next year and it will be DLVII.  How wacky is that?

We will take lots of pictures on our trip, and I will post some tomorrow evening for all of my faithful readers to see.  I will be keeping a journal of the trip, and will be sure to give you all of the highlights.  And not to worry - TWIT will not be neglected during this vacation.  Please cross your fingers that we can find an Elvis impersonator to have our pictures taken with. 

Thank you, thank you very much.  Puddin has left the building.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well when you get to Sun..........think of that other great singer - need I tell you who? Well I'm going tell just to be sure......ROY ORBISON

MERCY
Me