Friday, September 16, 2005

Sorry 'Bout Your Luck, Rene and Kenny

Just four short months ago, TWIT was congratulating Rene Zellweger and Kenny Chesney on their marriage.  Today, we offer them our support on their marriage annulment. People Magazine reported last night that the couple was having their marriage annulled.  Rene and Kenny have been squelching rumors for the past two months, and I guess it just got to be more than they could handle.  Reports say that Zellweger initiated the anullment and contacted Chesney Wednesday night. Zellweger said the reason for the anullment was fraud.

One of Chesney's biggest hits is a song called "You Had Me From Hello," a takeoff on the famous line "You had me at hello" from Zellweger's breakout 1996 movie role opposite Tom Cruise, Jerry Maguire. I wonder if he'll still sing that in concert?  Oh well. I'm not going to gloat and say "I told you all it wouldn't work"; I'm going to add them to my Favorite Celebrity Annulments.

Rene Zellweger and Kenny Chesney (4 months)
Carmen Electra and Dennis Rodman (5 months)
Britney Spears and Jason Alexander (55 hours)
Darva Conger and Rick Rockwell (3 weeks - they were married on "Who Wants To Marry A Multi-Millionaire?)
Lisa Marie Presley and Nicholas Cage (3 months, 15 days)
Michelle Phillips and Dennis Hopper (8 days)
Zsa Zsa Gabor and Felipe De Albe (1 day)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and I thought they were such a cute couple I wished them the best............oh well
I'm still on Team Aniston (or Team Jennifer)

Anonymous said...

What does she mean by "fraud?"