Sunday, December 12, 2004

Link of the Week

We all hate to pay bills - I've yet to meet someone who does.  I don't such a person exists.  While I'm not married and don't own a home, I still have my fair share of bills to pay every month - Bell South for my phone, Insight cable, Verizon Wireless for my cell phone, CitiBank Visa, Capital One Mastercard, Amica car insurance, etc etc etc.  I like to simplify things as much as I can, and for me, paying bills online is the way to go. If possible, I have automatic withdrawal set up so I don't even have to lift a finger to pay the bill every month.  For the rest of the bills, I pay them online. Some of you may still be hesitant to pay bills online, but I've been doing it since I got my computer five years ago and I've yet to have any problems.  Not meaning to sound like a financial planner, but the best way for me to take care of my monthly bills is as soon as I get the bill in the mail, I get online and go to that company's site (if applicable) and pay the bill right then.  I'm the grand prize winner of procrastinators, so you can see why this is the best way to go for me. 

I've found one website that will give you the opportunity to pay quite a few of your bills online - all at the same site.  This awsome place is www.checkfree.com.  Best of all, you don't have to pay any fees.  And they have over 800 stores, utility companies, credit card companies, etc that they cover. So chances are the majority of your bills can be paid through them.  If you use Quicken, you can even download your payment information to make your budgeting and financial recordkeeping even simpler.

No comments: