Saturday, December 4, 2004

File Under: Tales of the Bizarre

That settles it - I'm going to trade in my cell phone for one with the built in camera.  I experienced something yesterday that nobody will believe unless I had pictures for proof:  I saw the same mini-van four times yesterday.

No, I'm not hallucinating - I saw the same van four times yesterday.  It was a dark red Aerostar van - they had two WJIE Christian radio station stickers on the rear hatchback window along with a soccor ball sticker. They also had a big "Marriage = 1 man + 1 woman" sticker on the bumper.  So it's not like I would have mistaken it for another van.

It was like the "Ground Hog Day" movie all day long.  Sighting #1 was on the way to work.  I was behind the van at a light on Cane Run Road.  Sighting #2 was during lunch on my way to the credit union.  I was behind the van at a light on Cane Run Road.  Sighting #3 was on the way home from work.  You guessed it - I was behind the van at a light on Cane Run Road.  Sighting #4 was last night on my way to a friend's house.  The pattern was broken as I was behind the van at a light at the big intersection of Dixie Highway and Greenwood Road.  I was always behind the van, and it had tinted windows, so I couldn't see who was driving it.  Just out of curiosity, I would have liked to have seen who it was that I saw four times throughout the day. 

It was just weird.  After I saw it a second time, I didn't think a whole lot about it - just a weird coincidence.  After I saw it a third time, I thought it was even weirder.  And when I saw the van the fourth time, I thought was down right bizarre.  As I sat in my car waiting for the light to change, I wished I'd had a camera with me to document this oddity.  But I thought how pictures of the van wouldn't prove anything to the skeptics - unless the pictures had a time stamp on them, it would look like the same 4 pictures of the back end of a mini-van. 

As I was running errands this morning, I was looking for van, in hopes of seeing it again.  I had the aforethought to bring my digital camera with me, but unfortunately there were no dark red Aerostar sightings.  Maybe I'll see it tonight on the way to my company Christmas party.  If I do, you canbet I'll get a picture of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope this is not some right-wing zealot who beleives they are being followed by some devil worshiper in a big ol' BMW!!!  Did they already peel the Bush/Cheney sticker off the mini van?

Anonymous said...

Other than the marriage bumper sticker, there were no poltical stickers on there.  I'm guessing they probably already took off their "W 2004" stickers off.
Hindsight is always 20/20 -- I should have gotten out of my car and went up and tapped on their window and kept my radio blasting with AC/DC playing, showed them my NRA membership card, and asked them if they wanted to go get a beer somewhere.