Thursday, September 12, 2024

This Is For The Birds

 For as long as I can remember, my entire family has been into watching the birds.  We've always had bird feeders, bird baths and bird houses out in the yard.  This spring and summer, we've been especially enjoying watching the little finches out on our finch feeder.  They are such cool little birds - hanging upside down on the feeder to get their small thistle seed.  The slots for their feed on the feeder are too small for even sparrows to eat, so the finches have it all to themselves.  

I inherited this love of the birds from my Sweet Mother.  From my viewpoint in my LazyBoy, I can see out the French doors and have a perfect view of the finch feeder and the regular bird feeder.  It's the small things like this in life that bring peace and happiness.  

No comments: