Saturday, July 27, 2024

Life Day Addendum

One of my good friends from BSF, her husband and their wonder dog Waffles came today to visit and treat us to lunch. We'd planned for them to get here at noon, and after we visited for an hour, she and I would go up to our favorite Mexican restaurant and get carryout. But we all four got carried away talking and playing with Waffles and forgot about the time, so it was about 2:00 when she and I headed up Greenwood. We got close to PRP High School and noticed police cars in the median. We passed there and when we got to Greenwood Elementary, we saw about two dozen police cars in the front parking lot of the school. I noticed police were looking inside a small gray car with the doors open. We both thought that maybe it was just police training. Then on our way back home from the restaurant, we saw that the police were still there, and saw the yellow police line tape around the area where the car was. Last night, I got online to order something from Amazon, I happened to check a local TV station's FB page, and saw that shortly after 1:00, police were called to Greenwood Elementary, responding to a car crash. When they arrived, they found that gray car crashed into a utility pole with the driver shot to death. After I read that, I thanked the Lord for safety and protection, and for leading us to visit a bit longer or else we would have possibly been going through there at the time the driver was shot and crashed into the pole. I'm not over-exaggerating this; if my BSF friend was on FB she would tell the same story.

Share

No comments: