Saturday, December 31, 2022

Farewell, 2022

Dear 2022:

I am glad to see you leave tonight.  Though you weren't as bad as 2021, 2020, or 2019, but you were still pretty bad in some ways.  The worst thing you brought me this year was shingles.  Thanks alot for bringing the shingles to me two weeks after I retired.  When you leave at midnight tonight, please take my itching with you.

I have to be honest with you, 2022; you weren't all that bad.  You gave me a year of opportunity to improve my cooking skills - for that, I know the Old Man thanks you, too.  And speaking of him, thank you for keeping the Old Man going like the Energizer Bunny, albeit a bit slower than this time last year but thank you for him being happy and still here with me.  You also gave me the opportunity to retire and not have to answer to that alarm clock five days a week.

So goodbye, 2022.  I am looking forward to what 2023 will bring.

Your friend, Puddin


No comments: