Monday, November 22, 2021

Memory Monday

 Our visiting friend KD asked if we could go to the cemetery where my Sweet Mother is buried, and we headed out to Radcliff this morning.  It is a veteran's cemetery, and it was cool (for lack of a better term) to see all of the same uniform gravestones all in neat rows.  

This was the first time the Old Man and I have been to the cemetery.  It's not because we don't care; we know that she's not there - she's up in heaven.  And we didn't bring flowers - something that others would bag on us for.  But for as long as I can remember, my Sweet Mother would say "bring me the flowers while I live" and that's what we did while she was alive. 

I thought that it would hit me and the Old Man hard this morning, but it didn't.  My Sweet Mother's spirit was definitely with us while we were at the grave site.  

No comments: