Friday, August 27, 2021

Electronics Update

 iPhone:  I can't remember if I mentioned problems with my iPhone.  When someone would call or when I would call someone, they couldn't hear me and I couldn't hear them.  I spent hours Googling the problem and looking on YouTube to no avail.  I called Apple and they told me to take it to an Apple store and they would diagnose the problem and give me a cost on the repair.  That wasn't going to happen. So I took matters into my own hands.  When I bought the phone on eBay, I also bought a two year warranty.  Score.  I filed a claim and two days later they said I could either get it repaired and they would reimburse me or they would send me a check for what I paid for the phone.  Of course I chose the check.  Then I bought another phone (a slightly new model) on eBay and also got the two year warranty with it.  It took about an hour this morning fooling with iTunes and doing updates but the new-to-me iPhone is all set up with the same songs, apps, videos, pictures, etc as the previous iPhone.

HP Printer:  For months I wouldn't be able to print because it would always say "printer offline."  Unplugging it and plugging it back in would usually fix it, but for the past week that solution hasn't worked.  So I ordered a USB cable from Amazon and connected the printer to the trusty Dell desktop computer and now I can print.

There's only one remaining electronic/digital issue I need to fix: the remote key fob for the Odyssey fell apart. So once again, I turned to Amazon and bought a new one.  When it gets here, I will try (key word) to program it following the "easy instructions" that will be included with it.  

Stay tuned. 

No comments: