Monday, March 29, 2021

Update On The Old Man

 I am so excited that I am having a hard time typing this post.  We just got back from the Old Man's check-up at the heart failure center and he got great news.  His kidney numbers have stabilized, and for that we thank the Lord.  And his other numbers from the blood work are also great.  Best of all, the doctor said he has "graduated" from the center - he will come back in a year,  as opposed to the every-three-months and then every-six-months like he's done for the past few years!

But wait - the good news doesn't end there.  We were getting out of the van and heading into the house when he asked me "Where do you want to go for lunch?"  I'm sure I let out a small gasp.  This is coming from the man who for the past year, has only been to the doctor and to get haircuts.  This is a huge step, believe me.  I think getting his second vaccine yesterday combined with the good news from the doctor has given him more confidence.

Stay tuned. 

No comments: