Sunday, December 20, 2020

Final Farewell, Old Friend

Yesterday was bittersweet. I just said goodbye to a trusted old friend - my Blazer. In January, I would have had it for 25 years. During the almost 25 years, not once did it break down while I was driving.

It went through a lot but was like the Energizer Bunny: it was in the midst of a tornado and a huge tree fell on it, but it was fixed like new. A woman didn’t yield and crashed into it less than a half mile from home , but it was fixed like new. And a kid crashed into our parking lot at work and it was totaled, but once again it was rebuilt like new.
Time took its toll and it needed a new head gasket, so it was time to let it go. The wife of the guy that bought it was ecstatic this morning when they came to pick it up, and said she wants her husband to start fixing it up right away.
Like I said - it is bittersweet. I think I only know a couple of people that have had a car that long. If the new owner has a tenth of the good luck I had with it, she will be doing good.

No comments: