Friday, December 18, 2020

Farewell, Old Friend

 The time has come for me to say goodbye to an old, trusted friend:  the Blazer.  It needs a new head gasket, and it's worth the money nor the effort to get it fixed.  The last time I drove it was back in the spring, and I couldn't go a mile without it overheating.  And being the procrastinator that I am, I just didn't do anything about it.  But a few weeks ago, The Old Man "strongly urged" me to get rid of it.  I checked around, but couldn't find anyone interested.  Flash forward to Monday.  A neighbor's great-grandson called and said he's interested in it.  Believe me when I tell you, if The Old Man could have physically done a cartwheel, he would have.  

I explained about the overheating issue, and the fact that it has a new transmission with less than 300 miles on it, and that it hadn't been started since the spring, and he was still interested.  As I type this, I have the battery charger on it, praying that it will start.  I will try to start it in about an hour, and start or nor start, I'll the guy and tell him and see if he still wants it.

Stay tuned. 

No comments: