Saturday, November 16, 2019

Team Minnie Update

Team Minnie Update Saturday 11/16
I am praying for strength as I type this update. At about noon today, my sweet mother took her last breath here on earth and went on to her heavenly home.
I can't thank all of you enough for the many prayers you've given for her and me and Bud over the past two months. We sure could not have gotten through this without them.
When we have the visitation and funeral arrangements finalized, I will let you all know.
A dear, sweet friend said something this afternoon that really hit me hard - but in a good way. I'm going to be honest - I've had to deal with a few issues in the past 24 hours, and she told me "WWMD?" - What Would Minnie Do. I decided then and there that was going to be my go-to help for the rest of my life. When faced with an issue where I could potentially say or do something not right, I am going to ask myself "What Would Minnie Do". She would surely say "God will take care of you" or "Let it go."
A year or so ago, I told some friends that my goal in life was to be just half the strong and sweet woman that my mother was. And that is still my goal. Her strength was passed on to me during the past two months.
Thanks again for the prayers and messages you've all given us during this journey.

No comments: