Friday, November 29, 2019

Black Friday

Here at The Compound, it's not really a Black Friday; we'll just call it a Gray Friday.  It's cloudy and cold. 

But The Old Man and I had a good Thanksgiving Day.  We both made it through the day without crying - something that surprised both of us. 

I kept up my Thanksgiving Day tradition of shopping at Rite-Aid.  Years ago when they started being open on Thanksgiving Day, I decided that if they were going to be open, I'd go give them some business.  And the traditional purchase?  Toilet paper on sale.  Because you can never have too much toilet paper; that's what my Sweet Mother used to say. 

And last night, I decided to brave the angry mobs and went to Wal-Mart when they opened at 6:00 to get some Fruit of the Loom underwear on sale for $5 a pack, and to get The Old Man some sweatshirts, also for $5.   The mob wasn't really angry; they were there to get TVs on sale, and there was some pushing and pulling in that area.  But once I figured out the layout for their Black Friday sale, I pushed my cart through the store and made sure nobody cut in front of me.  I was there and back in about an hour; not too bad for a store that was packed. 

No comments: