Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Weird Wednesday

When I got home tonight from working over and making the daily trip to the grocery store, I was hot.  It was 71 according to the thermometer on the back porch, but more importantly, the thermostat was showing it was 78 degrees in the house.  And it sure as hell felt like it. 

For the past month or two, we've had such warm temps, that on the days when it got above 60 (which was a lot of days), the house was hot and I didn't sleep worth a dime.  Well tonight, I'm taking over.  I secretly flipped the switch to a/c, even though it pained me to have to turn on the a/c in February, but it is what it is.  I'm hoping to get the house cooled down enough without the 'Rents catching on, and then switch it back without them even knowing.  I have a major chance of pulling this off. .

We haven't had much of a winter.  I can count the days that I wore my heavy down-filled coat on one hand.  And it's supposed to be 81 degrees on Friday.  Yes, 81 in February.  

As always, I'll keep you posted. 

P.S. Update: the house was cool and comfortable, and nobody knew the a/c had been on.  Success. 

No comments: