Thursday, February 2, 2017

I Come From Ala, er, Kentucky, With A Banjo On My Knee

I'm a little late in reporting this news, but for Christmas I finally got a banjo.  I'd been wanting one for a couple of years, but never took the time to actually look for one.  But this year during Thanksgiving dinner, the 'Rents asked what I wanted for Christmas and I quickly spoke up and said a banjo.  And that's what I got. 

I had a hell of a time finding the proper fitting finger picks for it, and as I was buying them at a local music store (owned by an old friend of mine who happened to be in my one and only band that I put together), they asked if I was interested in lessons.  They said that they had a guy that used to play banjo in the house band at the Grand Ole Opry, but he quit a few years ago and moved back here to good old Pleasure Ridge Park to be with his elderly parents.  

I thought about it last night and today and I need to just take the plunge.  So later this afternoon, I'm going to head back to the music store and talk with the instructor and hopefully get signed up.  


Stay tuned (pun intended). 

No comments: