Sunday, November 9, 2014

Another Reaffirmation

Today is a day that the 'Rents and I look forward to each fall, almost as much as others look forward to Thanksgiving.  It has been a family tradition for about 25 years now to get dinner from a local Catholic church's fall festival.  Their fried chicken dinner is out of this world.  You get a half of a chicken, mashed potatoes, noodles, saurkraut, peas and carrots, and apple sauce.  Now you know why we look forward to it every year. 

Today, I had to drive to church by myself for an early meeting, and while I was on the way home from church heading to the Catholic church to pick up dinner, I passed by a plasma donation joint.  The parking lot was packed, and there were even a few people standing at the door waiting to get int.  It was a very humbling experience.  The money that I spent on dinner for the 'Rents and I was probably the same amount that those people would be getting for selling their plasma.  There's not much else I can say about that, except to repeat that I am thankful for my job. 

No comments: